Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two and a quarter hours, 2 conferences done.

Out of 220+ students. Oy.

The last one was a disappointing one. One of those "kid failed just about everything and tried to make excuses" with an angry parent. However, the parent wasn't angry at the teachers, but at his kid and at the situation.

I hope things change, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Isn't that sad? I feel like behavior is playing too major a factor with this kid. He allows himself to get too distracted and enjoys being the center of attention. Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat.

Part of me wants them to promote him so he doesn't mess up the good things going on in the incoming class. Part of me wants them to retain him; he probably should have been retained at a previous school and wasn't, and now he's ahead of the pack with his social skills and he'd reeeeeeeeally stick out in that class. Academically however, he's way behind. I don't know, but maybe that's the swift kick he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment