Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First conference! New record!

I just finished meeting with two parents and two students (siblings) at 1:50! I never get anyone in the first hour. Holy miracle!

My favorite line in each conference is, "Oh! I didn't know about the school website!" or "Oh! I didn't know you post all your assignments on the website!" Having the work posted online pretty much makes the "he didn't know about it" argument null and void. I can't really make it easier for parents and students to know what they're doing in class all. the. time. If Jr. didn't 'know' about it, Jr.'s probably playing you.

But still, it's a nice feature to have. Once I point to my class page and they see they can check in on it at anytime, it's pretty fab. They usually stop demanding answers from me and start demanding that Jr. fess up and admit that they just got lazy.

Technology. It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment