Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Interesting article

I found this article on CNN.com today and it was really interesting. There's a lot of talk about what hormones can do to a kid and when they kick in. It seems to me as though hormones are more active in the spring and summer, but that's just me.

I found the age ranges attached to certain physical changes to be spot on. I've noticed a number of girls in some of the middle grades struggling to catch up with their bodies, and naturally the junior high boys and girls are every which way but loose. Oh, and the smell factor? Yeesh. I've started spraying my classroom a lot more than I used to after the younger kids leave. Yikes!

It's definitely interesting reading.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/01/parenting.when.puberty.hits/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment