Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A disclaimer

I came to the realization last night that I probably sound like Negative Nancy in my last few blog posts. I don't mean to. I really do enjoy my job and I love working with the kids. I tend to get burned out this time of year and I get frustrated by the lack of care that the kids start to show.

It's hard when you feel like you're up against the world. Sometimes I start to wonder if there's any good reason to not just hand out As for everyone and call it a day. I have to admit I'm frightened of parents and students who get angry with me. If they were really mad at me, all they'd have to do is go to the authorities and say I did or said something that I really didn't do and my career is over. Forget my job, something truly horiffic could wreck the rest of my life! I might as well save myself and give everyone an A just to protect myself.

But, that being said, I really don't hate my job. I'm just getting a little burned out and I need some time off to clear my head and remember that I LIKE what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment