Monday, June 15, 2009

Camp, Day 1

Today was interesting. It was a fun, chill day. We got to meet all the kids (not that I didn't know any), but we got to hang out, make our collages, and just mingle as groups. Interesting tidbit: one girl I had in my group last year made my 3 weeks of camp pretty tough. She whined, she complained, and she made sure that I knew she didn't want to be in my group. When my group was announced, she gasped and was begging--literally--my co-director to put her in my group because last year was "sooooooooooo fun". Huh?

Even if she had a great time with me last year (methinks there's some rose-colored hindsight happening there), group members and group leaders aren't paired up again just to keep things new and different.

It's strange, but I guess it's better than having her stand up and high-five everyone around her. "YES! I'm not in Mrs. G's group this year!"

Another plus? I hand-picked my group. I'm SUPER excited about them all and I can't wait for all the fun we're going to have this year. I love my group, I really do.

Tomorrow we're going to the Museum of Science and Industry for an energy lab and to see the Green House. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment