Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wow, that's really refreshing.

We got news today that THAT student is getting some long needed help. Hallelujah! Oh, wait...I can't say that during Lent, can I?

All I have to say is: it's about damn time. Not that we don't like this student or are relieved that he and his parents had to come to this decision, but it's time. I think that as his teachers we have been more than patient and more than willing to help him succeed, but there's only so much we can do without the help of the parent(s). Now that his parents are on board (fingers crossed that it sticks!) I feel like we'll finally be able to channel his energy and creativity into productivity and not negativity. Ivity ivity.

I know it will be an awkward transition period for him, but I think that if he and his parents hold of their end of the deal, so to speak, he can have a really great final quarter. (WOO! THE END IS HERE!) He's more than capable, but for a long time there have been a number of factors standing in the way of his success. Here's hoping my excitement isn't wasted on an empty promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment