Monday, February 2, 2009

Good morning, class...

I've been meaning to start this for a while, but I guess now is as good a time as ever.

My name is Angie, and I am a teacher, probably in the loosest sense of the word. I've been teaching in an inner-city elementary school since August 2007 after working for 1 year at Woodlands Academy of the Sacred Heart. I teach computer science to Preschool-8th grade, but my training was in English-Secondary Education. Life's funny, isn't it?

I feel some days as though I fell into teaching by accident, and sometimes I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing or why I'm still here. Other days are great and I never want to do anything else. Some days I want to run screaming from my classroom, pulling out my hair as I run down the street. Sometimes I really like my job and know exactly why I'm here.

This blog will talk about a bunch of different things...my favorite websites, stories about my day, learning experiences, different assignments, WTF moments, etc. Some days it might be a rant about how much I hate my job. Other days it might be a rave about the "teacher moments" I had. In May, look forward to the "END OF SCHOOL" countdown. For the most part this is personal, but if anyone takes anything away from this, positive or negative, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment